Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Quick Update

I'm still in Egypt :)

Things I Miss

I miss the cool weather, the thunderstorms. I love the bad storms we get in the summer. We only get a few but I love the thunder and lighting. My family. Seeing birds other than pigeons. NOT being in a city. I hate the city!!! Too noisy, crowded, dirty. Not having to worry about the water I drink.

Things I Appreciate

Seeing crops grow. I know this sounds stupid. But I live in an area where there are a lot of farmers. Even when I went to college, the daily commute, I still saw fields along the highway. Now I only see them when traveling to and from Cairo. I see their beauty and just think mashallah. I know I'm weird.

Things I Love

The people. They're soooo nice. You can't find this many people in America that are so nice. I love seeing so many girls that cover themselves. The cost of most stuff ;) hehe. I got like 4 or 5 hijabs for like $10!! I was like YIPPPPY!!! you can't buy them in the store though. You have to get them from a seller on the street. I want to buy some abayas still and more veils. There's very little humidity, but then that kinda goes with no rain :(

I have some more news but I will post from my own comp ;)This is not mine. it's good news :)

No comments: