Sunday, June 20, 2010

The last few weeks have been, well, everything.

I was stuck in the office at work for 5 consecutive days staring at the wall, reading 1984, and being bored out of my mind.

1984 it's a great book so far but thoroughly depressing. It's also another great example of what a government is capable of.

Thursday and Friday, I got out of the office! I worked a 12.5 hr shift the first and a 14.5 the second. I made 11 hrs of over time! But was also exhausted. We are replacing the draining system under the roads on the job right now and one side takes about 6hrs to do. They had to dig, then put it in, and then put soil on top and my part comes in. I have to take a density test to make sure it passes. If it doesn't then they have to compact the soil some more. We don't want the road washing out :)

Yesterday, I went to the mall with a friend I haven't seen since spring break (March.) I bought a pair of jeans, some pretty stuff, and a pair of pjs for my dad for fathers day. I got to chat with my friend and catch up. I also wondered what people thought of us. A hijabi that wears abaya with a girl in a tank top and rolled up jeans. Maybe it helps people to see we have non-muslim friends, to show we really aren't bad people.

Today my parents are having a fish fry! Siblings are coming. My uncle and grandparents may come. My aunts may come. The only bad thing if they come I'll have to cover for their husbands, which would make my grandparents uncomfortable. If they don't come then I just have to worry about my sister bring her... well boy toy of the month... if she does, even if my uncles are here I'm going to be pissed. This is a family get together, she has no right to invite someone who's a "friend," especially when she's pregnant with another mans child!

If you can't tell I'm getting highly annoyed with my sister. That's only the tip of the ice burg, and I won't share the rest.

Tomorrow work again! Probably over time, since we're doing the same thing again. But over time is niiiiice, hehe.

2 comments:

Maryam Zahoor... said...

good to see you at home with family... parents are the only two human beings i think who care for you regardless of anything... mostly.

CATGIRL !! said...

Hey deary.. love ur blog outlook and ur random cuute thoughts.. Best of Luck for ur blogging..and i m joining ur blog . Care to be my follower too- if u like my blog??
http://relationships-catgirl.blogspot.com/