Friday, October 29, 2010

O Tornados

This year has been crazy for tornadoes around me. I think we may have set a record for the number in one year. Once again this past week a tornado warning was issued. I happened to be in class and we just sat their talking and getting excited. Then after the alarms finished their message, class continues. We later found out if a tornado warning is issued you're supposed to stop class and go to the safe area (oops.) We were in a GREAT building for that-the engineering has a huge basement for all the kids to fit comfortably in, BUT when the alarm went of we were in the top floor of one of the buildings. Also, once class was done, we went outside to the other building, and watched the storm-this building is mostly made of glass-great place to be with a possible tornado -.- lol. But don't worry there were bathrooms close by that we would've ran to. My cousin said later after I told her this that "This doesn't put a lot of confidence in the future of engineering." I told all we needed to know was when to run.

No tornado, just a funnel cloud.

No comments: